SikaTile 700 Sound Shield PNS
SikaTile® 700 Sound Shield PNS is a 90 mil peel and stick sound control and crack isolation sheet membrane.
SikaTile®-700 Sound Shield PNS is a 90 mil (2.3 mm), thin, flexible, self-bonding, fabric-reinforced, the load-bearing membrane that reduces sound transmission and isolates ceramic and natural stone tile from cracks in the substrate. Suitable for both full and partial coverage applications. SikaTile®-700 Sound Shield PNS reduces the transmission of impact and airborne sound through floors when installed under ceramic tile, stone, or wood floor coverings. It is also a crack isolation membrane that exceeds the requirements of ANSI A118.12 and protects the tile from in plane movement up to 3⁄8” (9.5 mm). Its strong self-adhesive backing and uniquely designed surface provide secure bonding for all types of ceramic, natural stone, and terrazzo tile. After application, ceramic tile or stone can be installed immediately using appropriate SikaTile® polymer-modified cement-based mortar. Additionally, glue-down wood flooring can also be installed with approved urethane adhesives.
Check out each tab for more detailed information on SikaTile 700 Sound Shield PNS Below:
- Residential (homes, apartments, and condominiums) and commercial (airports, malls, office buildings, restaurants, and galleries) floors, both interior and exterior (with proper drainage)
- Ideal for multi-family or multi-story buildings to reduce noise transmission through floors
RECOMMENDED SUBSTRATES SikaTile®-700 Sound Shield PNS can be installed in most interior and exterior residential and commercial installations on floors over the following recommended substrates:
- Cement Backer Board1
- Cement Mortar Beds (cured)
- Cement Plaster
- Cement Terrazzo
- Ceramic Tile and Stone
- Concrete Masonry
- Exterior Grade Plywood2
- Lightweight Gypsum Concrete2
- SikaLevel® Products
1 Consult cement backer board manufacturer for installation recommendations and to verify acceptability for exterior use.
2 Interior Use Only.
- Reduces Sound Transmission
- Crack Isolation to 3/8”
- Moisture Vapor Barrier up to 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft in 24 hours
- Easy to position, cut to size and install
- Rapid installation – Prime, peel, stick, and then immediately install tile, stone, or wood
- Interior or exterior
- Mold and mildew resistant
Sustainability | Certifications | Approvals
Sika® is committed to environmental responsibility in both products produced and manufacturing practices. Use of this product can contribute towards LEED® v4.1 certification:
- Up to 2 points towards MR Credit 5, Regional Materials
APPROVALS / STANDARDS
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) — ANSI A108.01, A108.17, A118.12, and A118.13 of the American National Standards for the Installation of Ceramic Tile ASTM International (ASTM)
- Resilient Floor Covering Institute – (RFCI) Recommended Work Practices for Removal of Resilient Floor Coverings
- Tile Council of North America (TCNA) – TCNA Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installation, TCNA F125, F125A, and EJ171 Movement Joint Guidelines.
- ASTM C627 – “A standard test method for evaluating ceramic floor tile installation systems using the Robinson-type floor tester: rated extra heavy”.
- ANSI 118.12 – “ANSI specifications for crack isolation membranes for thin-set ceramic tile and dimension stone installation”.
- Meets or exceeds ANSI 118.12
Asphalt and polyethylene, polypropylene or styrene-butadiene-styrene resins, fiberglass or polyester mat, plastic film, sand, or granules
12 months from the date of production when stored in the original, sealed package
Store in undamaged, original, sealed package, in dry conditions
Total Thickness: 90 mils (2.3 mm)
Fabric Thickness: 30 mils (0.76 mm)
Read all installation instructions before installation. Place SikaTile®-700 Sound Shield PNS with release paper still attached over the area to be treated. Unroll the membrane and cut leaving a 2”-3” excess at one end. Roll up ½ of the membrane, leaving the other half unrolled. Cut the release paper from the portion of the membrane and slowly pull the release paper toward you, exposing the tacky surface of the membrane and carefully attaching the membrane onto the primed surface, avoiding wrinkles and bubbles. Repeat the procedure with the unrolled portion of the membrane. Carefully butt edges (overlapping will cause the floor to become uneven). Immediately after installation press, the membrane into place working out from the center of the membrane by applying heavy pressure with the flat side of a trowel or a 100 lb. roller. Protect exposed membrane from dirt, traffic, and harmful elements until the flooring is installed, grouted, and cured.
Finish Surface Installation
Apply finish flooring in compliance with methods of installation over crack-isolation membranes. Do not install any defective, damaged, or any finish flooring surface not for its intended use. The installation of this product does not eliminate the need for movement joints, including perimeter joints with a tiled surface.
SikaTile® elastomeric membranes, when properly installed in accordance with the following installation guidelines, will provide years of protection for finish flooring installations. In addition to these instructions, installers shall also reference the most current edition of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Tile Council of North America (TCNA) Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installations, The Marble Institute of America (MIA) Dimension Stone Design Manual, NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association) and Manufacturer’s instructions of selected setting materials, substrates, sub-floors, or other manufacturers being used in total, or any part of, an installed flooring system with SikaTile®. Consult your selected manufacturer of these above-mentioned components to ensure selected products are compatible with SikaTile® elastomeric membranes.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Clean tools and tiles with water before the material dries.