SikaTile 225 Fracture Guard PNS Crack Isolation Sheet Membrane
Stock#: 653995 | UPC#: (none)
Sold by the Roll
- 225 SQFT/Roll
- Crack Isolation to 3/8-in
- Reducers Sound Transmission
- Moisture Vapor Barrier up to 5 lbs per 1,000 square feet in 24-Hours
- The Last Inventory recommends purchasing 10% extra for wall cuts and waste.
SikaTile 225 Fracture Guard PNS
SikaTile® 225 Fracture Guard PNS is a 40 mil peel-and-stick sound control and crack isolation sheet membrane.
Introducing SikaTile® 225 Fracture Guard PNS, a 40 mil (1 mm) thin, flexible, and self-bonding crack isolation membrane that exceeds the requirements of ANSI A118.12. Designed to isolate ceramic and natural stone tile from cracks in the substrate, this fabric-reinforced membrane provides superior protection to your flooring from in-plane movement up to 3⁄8” (9.5 mm).
Suitable for full and partial coverage applications, SikaTile®-225 Fracture Guard PNS has a strong self-adhesive backing and a uniquely designed surface that provides secure bonding for all types of ceramic, natural stone, and terrazzo tile. Upon application, you can immediately install ceramic tile or stone using the appropriate SikaTile® polymer-modified cement-based mortar. You can also install glue-down wood flooring using approved urethane adhesives.
But that’s not all. SikaTile®-225 Fracture Guard PNS also helps reduce the transmission of impact and airborne sound through floors when installed under ceramic tile, stone, or wood floor coverings. Get the ultimate protection for your flooring today with SikaTile® 225 Fracture Guard PNS.
- Residential (homes, apartments, and condominiums) and commercial (airports, malls, office buildings, restaurants, and galleries) floors, both interior and exterior (with proper drainage)
- Ideal for multi-family or multi-story buildings to reduce noise transmission through floors
RECOMMENDED SUBSTRATES SikaTile®-225 Fracture Guard PNS can be installed in most interior and exterior residential and commercial installations on floors over the following recommended substrates:
- Cement Backer Board1
- Cement Mortar Beds (cured)
- Cement Plaster
- Cement Terrazzo
- Ceramic Tile and Stone
- Concrete Masonry
- Exterior Grade Plywood2
- Lightweight Gypsum Concrete2
- SikaLevel® Products
- Consult cement backer board manufacturer for installation recommendations and to verify acceptability for exterior use.
- Interior Use Only.
- Crack Isolation to 3/8”
- Reduces Sound Transmission
- Moisture Vapor Barrier up to 5 lbs. per 1,000 sq. ft in 24 hours
- Easy to position, cut to size and install
- Rapid installation - Prime, peel, stick, and then immediately install tile, stone, or wood
- Interior or exterior
- Mold and mildew resistant
Sustainability | Certifications | Approvals
Sika® is committed to environmental responsibility in both products produced and in manufacturing practices. Use of this product can contribute towards LEED® v4.1 certification:
- Up to 2 points towards MR Credit 5, Regional Materials
APPROVALS / STANDARDS
American National Standards Institute (ANSI) — ANSI A108.01, A108.17, A118.12, and A118.13 of the American National Standards for the Installation of Ceramic Tile ASTM International (ASTM)
- Resilient Floor Covering Institute - (RFCI) Recommended Work Practices for Removal of Resilient Floor Coverings
- Tile Council of North America (TCNA) - TCNA Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installation, TCNA F125, F125A, and EJ171 Movement Joint Guidelines.
- ANSI 118.12 – “ANSI specifications for crack isolation membranes for thin-set ceramic tile and dimension stone installation”.
- Meets or exceeds ANSI 118.12
Asphalt and polyethylene, polypropylene or styrene-butadiene-styrene resins, fiberglass or polyester mat, plastic film, sand, or granules
12 months from the date of production when stored in the original, sealed package
Store in an undamaged, original, sealed package, in dry conditions
3 ft (0.91 m) x 75 ft (22.86 m) roll
Total Thickness: 40 mils (1mm)
Fabric Thickness: 30 mils (0.76 mm)
Read all installation instructions before installation. Place SikaTile®-225 Fracture Guard PNS with release paper still attached over the area to be treated. Unroll the membrane and cut leaving a 2”-3” excess at one end. Roll up ½ of the membrane, leaving the other half unrolled. Cut the release paper from the portion of the membrane and slowly pull the release paper toward you, exposing the tacky surface of the membrane and carefully attaching the membrane onto the primed surface, avoiding wrinkles and bubbles. Repeat the procedure with the unrolled portion of the membrane. Carefully butt edges (overlapping will cause the floor to become uneven). Immediately after installation press the membrane into place working out from the center of the membrane by applying heavy pressure with the flat side of a trowel or a 100 lb. roller. Protect exposed membrane from dirt, traffic, and harmful elements until the flooring is installed, grouted, and cured.
Finish Surface Installation
Apply finish flooring in compliance with methods of installation over crack-isolation membranes. Do not install any defective, damaged, or finished flooring surface not for its intended use. The installation of this product does not eliminate the need for movement joints, including perimeter joints with a tiled surface.
SikaTile® elastomeric membranes, when properly installed in accordance with the following installation guidelines, will provide years of protection for finish flooring installations. In addition to these instructions, installers shall also reference the most current edition of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI), Tile Council of North America (TCNA) Handbook for Ceramic Tile Installations, The Marble Institute of America (MIA) Dimension Stone Design Manual, NWFA (National Wood Flooring Association) and Manufacturer's instructions of selected setting materials, substrates, sub-floors, or other manufacturers being used in total, or any part of, an installed flooring system with SikaTile®. Consult your selected manufacturer of these above-mentioned components to ensure selected products are compatible with SikaTile® elastomeric membranes.
CLEANING OF TOOLS
Clean tools and tiles with water before the material dries.
|Dimensions||44 × 8 × 8 in|
Sound Barrier, Underlayment, Vapor Barrier
Peel and Stick
|Price per SQFT||
$1.00 – $1.99
Crack Isloation, Stone Prep, Tile Floor Prep, Wood Floor Prep
Moisture Resistant, Vapor Proof
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Free In-Store Pickup
Nationwide Shipping Available
Servicing our customers since 2013
700+ Google Reviews
Floor & Cabinet Expert! We can answer your questions